- Tachometer (RPM) senders, either using dedicated tach senders or alternator W terminals
- Digital inputs such as engine alarms
- Tank senders
- Other resistive senders such as oil pressure senders with a resistance range of 0-300 ohm
It includes the following inputs:
- Four analog input sensors, usable either as 0-29V voltage inputs, or as 0-300 ohm resistance sensor input.
- Four digital input sensors, usable as alarm inputs or as frequency counters, suitable for tachometer signal inputs or fuel flow sensors. The voltage range is -30-30V, with a threshold level at 1.65V.
Example software is available at https://github.com/hatlabs/SH-ESP32-engine-hat-firmware.
For documentation, see the documentation website at https://hatlabs.github.io/sh-esp32/pages/add-ons/engine-hat/. The hardware design is available at the GitHub repository.
This is a developer device and does not come with any useful software pre-installed. Hat Labs cannot provide support for writing programs for the device. For development questions and discussion, please join to the discussion forum or the Signal K development Slack (#sensors channel).